On my walk this morning, a massive red-tailed hawk swooped down right in front of me, flew along a head of me for a bit, then finally went to land on a nearby rock. (“Nearby” being relative.) Gorgeous bird, and I always take these things as a sign. A good one, I hope!
1. “Belief” by Gavin DeGraw
2. “All That You Can Stand” by Little Feat (my favorite Little Feat song; it speaks to my experience)
3. “Carefree” by The Refreshments
4. “A Matter of Trust” by Billy Joel
5. “I Don’t Need Another Thrill” by Roger Clyne & the Peacemakers
6. “It’s About You” by Train
7. “A Pirate Looks at Forty” by Jimmy Buffett
8. “Lady I Can’t Explain” by Jimmy Buffett
9. “Last Chance” by Maroon 5
But what I’ve got stuck in my head now?
(Makes more sense if you watch this one first: http://youtu.be/RKOZgQy8qrw)
I also urge you to go have a look at the cover for Christine Rains’ upcoming book.
Normally I post this kind of thing over on spooklights. But then again, I’m really not going to review this video. What can be said about it? Except: why do they have a desk/table with a bunch of junk in a crate, all covered with a tarp? I mean, really?
It’s a catchy, dumb, bubble gum kind of song, which means the video is the kind of thing that makes my six-year-old son laugh like a maniac. Though he’s at least kind-hearted enough to worry about Paul once the drums catch fire. (“Is he dead?” my son asked. I assured him Paul would be fine and the band would be touring—intact—soon.)