We’ve reached the time of year where I might as well not bother with perfume because I’m more likely than not going to be slathered in sunscreen all day. I’ll be outside walking, swimming, reading, or even writing (though I’ve taken a bit of a break on that lately).
Today’s walk was largely upbeat:
1. “Best I Ever Had” by Gavin DeGraw
2. “Everybody Talks” by Neon Trees
3. “Hands All Over” by Maroon 5
4. “Shut Up and Dance” by Better Than Ezra
5. “Lady I Can’t Explain” by Jimmy Buffett
6. “Still Ain’t Over You” by Rob Thomas
7. “Hard to Handle” by Black Crowes
8. “Human Wheels” by John Mellencamp
9. “Rusty Halo” by The Script
Okay, so the John Mellencamp song was kind of a weird one, but the rest made for quite a good story of missing an old flame, making a move on a new one, losing her, being hit on by a chick in a club, but then still not being able to get over the first girl. Or something like that. I think he gets his mojo back with “Hard to Handle” anyway. And then things get a bit existential . . .