I haven’t been writing much for a number of reasons, but I find myself taking out this or that old project, futzing with it, then abandoning it again. So I’ve decided to make myself a list of these WIP. Many are old and may never see the light of day. But it’d be nice if even a couple did.
- “The Lost God” – this story (which may end up a novella) is the one I’ve been referencing on Twitter’s #WriterlyWIPChat, and it’s the one I keep coming back to most. An old piece based on my AElitian mythology.
- Ms. Fortune – the K-Pro sequel
- An adaptation of my Hunting Victor Frankenstein television pilot
- An adaptation of my 20 August feature screenplay
- Teaching Mina (title subject to change) – a new Regency romance
- Changers 2, assuming anyone is still interested
- Hamlette rewrite
- Peter Stoller edit
- “Certain Purpose” – another really old story that may be more like a novella
- “Voodoo Lessons” – same as above
If I finish “Certain Purpose” and “Voodoo Lessons” I could maybe put them under one cover as a twofer. Then again, part of me says I should get another Regency romance out there since those are my best sellers. But in all, I’m just having trouble finding anything that really excites me. “The Lost God” comes closest, so I’ve mostly been chipping away at that.
Ideally I would release at least one, preferably more, book a year. But there have been gaps. This may be another gap year. I don’t know yet.