Looking Back at 2018
The year is almost over, and my birthday is coming, which means it’s time for me to get introspective or retrospective or something.
Here’s what I accomplished this year:
- Put Brynnde out as an audiobook
- Finished and published Faebourne (in ebook & paperback formats)
- Put Brynnde out as a paperback
- Presented at the public library
- Had 20 August finish in the Top 20 in the Film Empire Fempire Screenwriting Contest
Here is what I didn’t manage to do:
- Find an agent or publisher for Hamlette
- Get any of my screenwriting optioned or produced (not that I was actively looking)
- Finish Changers 2 (which at this rate may never be completed)
- Get accepted to any conferences or conventions
I’m sad about Hamlette, though I’ve since started a rewrite of it based on the overwhelming feedback I received. I don’t know what to do or think about Changers. Or my screenwriting for that matter. Maybe I’ll adapt all my screenplays to prose and publish them.
Aside from my writing life, I had a fairly good year that included trips to Paris and New York. I saw Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, which was a treat. (It’s better on stage than reading it, and Scorpius steals the show.)
Later, in another post, I’ll look ahead to 2019 and what might be on the horizon. For now it’s enough to say that, while 2018 didn’t really set my world ablaze, it was steady and not terrible. Sales were decent, and I’m very excited about my paperbacks, which are beautiful!
How about you? How was your 2018?