The day started with another partial request for my manuscript. That’s seven out now; four full and three partials. Not bad, really.
Nice walk this morning, too, sunny and cool, which is my favorite kind of fall weather: crisp.
1. “Mrs. Rita” by Gin Blossoms
2. “Overkill” by Jimmy Buffett
3. “Real World” by Matchbox Twenty
4. “Runaway” by Maroon 5
5. “Deep As You Go” by October Project
6. “Final Act” (from the Sherlock soundtrack)
7. “I Don’t Wanna Know” by Fleetwood Mac
8. “Robin in the Rain” by Raffi
9. “Miami” (live cut) by Counting Crows
10. “Until I Fall Away” by Gin Blossoms
There’s a nice symmetry to beginning and ending with Gin Blossoms, and those two songs in particular are good for starting and stopping.
And, yes, I keep Raffi’s “Robin in the Rain” on my iPod. It’s so cute and jazzy, and when my son Robert is around, we sing “Robert in the Rain” instead.
As for the live cut of “Miami,” I don’t usually like live albums unless there’s something new and different about the way the songs are played, but for some reason I do really like the New Amsterdam album.