Ah, Tom Petty. He was right about the waiting being the hardest part. (Sadly, he did not show up on my iPod this morning after having a couple entries yesterday.)
I’m currently waiting on two publishers and ten literary agents. Also ten other places to which I’ve submitted plays. And about ten places to which I’ve sent letters on behalf of our elementary school library, but that’s something else again.
Sigh. I know, of course, that publishers and agents and theatre companies get swamped and must wade through many queries and submissions. Knowing this does not make the waiting any easier, however. After putting in so much time and effort to complete my work, I’m champing at the bit to get on with things.
I should get on with other writing, and I am doing a bit (now that vacation is over). But I find it difficult to concentrate at the moment.
At least I’m working off some of my restlessness via my daily walks. Today’s playlist:
1. “Back to Work” by David Arnold & Michael Price
2. “Authority Song” by John Cougar Mellencamp
3. “Sunday Morning New York Blue” by Rob Thomas
4. “Falling for the First Time” by Barenaked Ladies
5. “Crawling in the Dark” by Hoobastank
6. “Jet Airliner” by Steve Miller Band
7. “Every Morning” by Sugar Ray
8. “Radio” by Matchbox Twenty
9. “Think About It” by American Authors
Back to work indeed . . .