When It Rains . . .
As August draws to a close, and with so much going on with my writing, it seems like as good a time as any to check in with those goals I set at the start of the year.
1. Finish the rom-com script I’m co-writing. Well, after many drafts, we’ve received some very strong feedback and are now in the process drafting an agreement with a lawyer so we can get the script into the hands of people who can do something with it. Yay!
2. Finish the thriller script I’ve been asked to pen. Long since finished, and by all accounts the director likes it and has given it to some actors and actresses to look at. But that’s all I’ve heard.
3. Finish St. Peter Ascends. Done.
4. Publish The Fall and Rise of Peter Stoller. (Of which St. Peter Ascends is the third part.) Actually, I’ve had a publisher request to read the manuscript, so I’m giving them first chance at it. But I’m still prepared to self-publish if I find no takers.
5. Write the television pilot I’ve been backburnering. In the works! Can probably have a draft done in the next week or so, except . . .
♦ I have three books I’ve been asked to read and review.
♦ I’ve also been asked to look over some materials for a TV/web series startup to which I may contribute.
♦ And I’ve been invited to submit a full-length play to a theatre festival that takes submissions by invitation only.
Which is flattering, but I’d need to pull something together fast!
And then I have a bunch of other projects that I’d like to get started on (or go back to) . . . Oh! And it looks like Adverse Possession may be nearly ready to submit to film festivals! I’ve also joined a local writing critique group. So I’m staying really busy. In a good way! The year may have gotten off to a slow start, but it certainly seems to be picking up speed!