It’s a Major Award!
Well, maybe not “major” but Christine Rains was nice enough to give me the Booker Award:
The rules for the award are that the blog it is awarded to must be at least 50% about books (or reading and writing). You’re then supposed to share your top five favorite books of all time (or more than five if you like), and offer the award to 5-10 other bookish bloggers.
Well, here are my favorite books (in no particular order):
- Innocent Traitor by Alison Weir
- Exit, Sherlock Holmes by Robert Lee Hall
- Salem’s Lot by Stephen King
- Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice
- Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett
- Rivers of London (aka Midnight Riot) by Ben Aaronovitch
- Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
- The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis
- The Last Sherlock Holmes Story by Michael Dibdin
- Any of the Hercule Poirot novels by Agatha Christie
As you see, I like a mix of things: historical fiction, mystery, fantasy . . .
I’ll have to think about who to give the award to and get back to you on that later; I’m running behind at the moment and need to get a move on my day.